Filters makes it to the big screen with version 3!
Today, we’re announcing the release of Filters 3. Here’s what’s new in this fairly sizable update…
To make Filters even more accessible, we’ve added a Photos editing extension. So you can now edit your Photos using Filters right from within the Photos app. To enable the Photos editing extension, you get to jump through a hoop (or five) yourself:
1. open the Photos App
2. select a photo and tap the “Edit” button
3. tap the ⋯⃝ button to display more editing tools
4. swipe all the way to the right and tap the “More” button
5. switch on Filters as a photo editor
If you’ve got an iPhone 6s or 6s Plus, you can use a 3D Touch Quick Action to quickly edit the last photo you’ve taken in Filters.
In addition to being able to remove all edits to a photo, we’ve added a new function where you can undo your last edit.
We’ve made a few little user interface improvements… like adding titles to the popup palettes to take a bit of the guesswork out of finding just the right filter for the job, and we’ve added a dash of pizzazz to the editing sliders.
And fitting for a big update is another mod to the app icon… which makes Filters feel even more at home in our ever expanding lineup of dark, rainbow-y app icons.
Lastly, we’ve squooshed a bunch of ornery bugs and fiddled with a few bits to increase the performance and responsiveness of the app.
In other (forthcoming) news, we’ve got a MagiCam update just about ready to drop.
After that, we’ve got a very big Camera+ update that’ll be coming very soon. No, I’m not spoiling the surprise as for what the awesome, big, new feature is in it.
And many of you will be very happy to hear that the very long-awaited, somewhat mythical update to Camera+ for iPad is finally almost here. I’ll spoil a little bit of the surprise there by saying that if you own an iPad Pro… especially if you also have an Apple Pencil… that you’re really going to love it. But even if you’re still sporting a less than Pro iPad, you’re going to love the powerful editing capabilities that we’ve slaved over for you in this huge update.
Enjoy and anticipate…
Get Filters in the App Store.
- Camera+ 10 arrives with full depth support, HEIF, accurate viewfinder and smiles! by Pedro Cuenca
- A Beginners Guide for Manual Controls in iPhone Photography: ISO by Jack Hollingsworth
- A Beginners Guide for Manual Controls in iPhone Photography: Shutter Speed by Jack Hollingsworth
- How To Shoot Close-Up and Macro Photography With Your iPhone by Jack Hollingsworth